Here’s how breakfast cereals are typically made :
- Processing. The grains are usually processed into fine flour and cooked.
- Mixing. The flour is then mixed with ingredients like sugar, cocoa and water.
- Extrusion. Many breakfast cereals are produced via extrusion. A high-temperature process that uses a machine to shape the cereal.
- Drying. Next, the cereal is dried.
- Shaping. Finally, the cereal is shaped into forms. Such as balls, stars, loops or rectangles.
Breakfast cereals may also be puffed, flaked, or shredded — or coated in chocolate or frosting before it is dried ทางเข้า UFABET
The modern diet provides easy accessibility to package and process foods load with add sugar. Excess consumption of add sugars can be harmful to health.
Most people eat more than the daily recommend limit for add sugars. Which can contribute to increased risk of several chronic diseases.
Notably, most added sugar in the American diet comes from ultra-processed and packaged foods. Which include sugar-sweetened beverages, baked goods, candy, and breakfast cereals. Breakfast cereals are actually the seventh biggest contributor to added sugar intake among adults in the USA .
In fact, most cereals list sugar as the second or third ingredient.
Breakfast cereals make with refined grains and sugars have a high glycemic index. Which means it can cause a sharp spike in your post-meal blood sugar levels.
On the other hand, choosing a high-fiber breakfast cereal make with whole grains. And has little to no add sugars can help promote better blood sugar control. Reading the nutrition facts label can help you identify how much add sugar is in a serving of the cereal.